Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Scales

This is Ares.

I recently got a new fish. He's a Double Tail Plakat Betta. He's so pretty and feisty! I decided to call him Ares. I fell in love with his colors, such real shades of copper, gold, blue and teal all with a bit of lovely iridescence. He's rather hard to photograph, sadly. His blues don't show up terribly well.

I decided to honor him with a manicure.

This was all very straight forward. The base is a simple gradient with a bit of sponging applied over it to give it added depth and dimension. Finally, a scale pattern was stamped on to pull the look together.



Here's what I used:
  • L'Oreal Base Coat - Base coat
  • Sally Hansen Model Behavior - Base color
  • Sinful Colors Gorgeous - Gradient
  • Sally Hansen Black Out - First layer of texture
  • OPI Charmed By a Snake - Second layer of texture
  • L'Oreal Because You're Worth It - Stamping color
  • Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat - Top coat

In hindsight, maybe I should have freehanded the scales. I may redo this one in the future and compare the results.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love and appreciate all comments, but please be respectful and refrain from posting links. If you have a blog you would like me to take a look at I would be more than happy to. Just send me an email! :)