|This is Ares.|
I recently got a new fish. He's a Double Tail Plakat Betta. He's so pretty and feisty! I decided to call him Ares. I fell in love with his colors, such real shades of copper, gold, blue and teal all with a bit of lovely iridescence. He's rather hard to photograph, sadly. His blues don't show up terribly well.
This was all very straight forward. The base is a simple gradient with a bit of sponging applied over it to give it added depth and dimension. Finally, a scale pattern was stamped on to pull the look together.
Here's what I used:
- L'Oreal Base Coat - Base coat
- Sally Hansen Model Behavior - Base color
- Sinful Colors Gorgeous - Gradient
- Sally Hansen Black Out - First layer of texture
- OPI Charmed By a Snake - Second layer of texture
- L'Oreal Because You're Worth It - Stamping color
- Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat - Top coat
In hindsight, maybe I should have freehanded the scales. I may redo this one in the future and compare the results.
What do you think?