Saturday, October 13, 2012

Wolf Fur



I love animal prints. However, as we near Halloween, I'm beginning to question the seasonal appropriateness of cheetah and zebra print. Thus was born the wolf fur manicure.


Here's what I used:

  • L'Oreal Base Coat - Base coat
  • Sally Hansen Eel Skin - Base color
  • Essie Little Brown Dress - Fur texture
  • Essie No Place Like Chrome - Fur texture
  • Essie Chinchilly Fur texture
  • Sally Hansen Black Out - Fur Texture

To get the look I started with a grey base. I decided to use Sally Hansen Eel Skin. Next, starting from the bottom, I carefully brushed on my first layer of the fur texture. To do this I used a thin brush and applied the polish only lightly. I wanted it to look a bit rough.

After allowing the first layer of texture to set, I applied another layer using a different color. I overlapped the layers slightly. I repeated these steps, alternating between colors until the entire nail was covered.

I didn't stick to any set pattern of application. I just went with what I thought would contrast well with the layer below it. I found the inclusion of Essie No Place Like Chrome to be indispensable. The silver really made the design pop and offered excellent contrast between the colors.

So, what do you think? Is wolf the new cheetah?

5 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love and appreciate all comments, but please be respectful and refrain from posting links. If you have a blog you would like me to take a look at I would be more than happy to. Just send me an email! :)