Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Inspired by Rise of The Guardians, Again: Pitch Black and the Sandman


Here's another nerdy manicure! Once again inspired by the new Dreamworks film, Rise of the Guardians. I based this one on Pitch Black and the Sandman. I loved the effects used for these two characters. Really pretty swirling clouds of golden dreams and  blue-black nightmares.

This is a pretty straight forward water marble. For the dark nails, which are supposed to be reminiscent of Pitch's Nightmares, I started off by painting my nails black using L.A. Colors Circuits. For the marbling, I used Essie Aruba Blue, Sinful Colors Let's Talk, Sally Hansen Eel Skin and Wet n' Wild Eggplant Frost.

For the golden Sandman nails, I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, followed by a single coat of L.A. Colors Wave Length. The water marble was done with Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, L.A. Colors Wave Length, Sinful Colors Cloud 9 and L'Oréal Because You're Worth It.


I absolutely love how this came out! This was my second try at attempting this manicure and the first one fell flat because I attempted to marble the golds and blacks together. It resulted in some pretty funky color mixing that, while not unattractive, wasn't at all what I was going for. I'm much happier with this. I think the two water marbles work really well together.

What do you think? Yes or no to using two different water marbles in the same manicure?

5 comments:

  1. oh those are soooo pretty! :) i love two water marbles in one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! Your sandman ones remind me so much of sandman! LOL Jealous of your mad watermarbling skillz -_- hah Amazing mani per usual!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I kind of want to redo this a third time and just do them all golden. XD

      The black ones are alright, but the Sandman nails look the best I think.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love and appreciate all comments, but please be respectful and refrain from posting links. If you have a blog you would like me to take a look at I would be more than happy to. Just send me an email! :)